Returning the Eternal Flame
The following are the restrictions for creating characters in this campaign:
- No content from Eberron, Forgotten Realms, or Dark Sun.
- No Wizards. You will find Wizards to be too unpopular to play. Other arcane classes can be used, but your background cannot have you prominent in society.
- If you wish to play an Elf or Eladrin ... let's talk. Elves are very unpopular in this campaign. Half-Elves are playable, but will be treated as second-class citizens and outcasts.
- Half-Orcs, Shifters, Githzerai, Minotaurs, Shardminds, Wildens, Bladelings, Bugbears, Bullywugs, Drow, Duergar, Githyanki, Gnolls, Goblins, Hobgoblins, Kenkus, Kobolds, Orcs, Revenants, and Shadar-kai will be treated as Monsters, and therefore will be virtually unplayable in this campaign setting. Excluded unless you can make a compelling argument.
- Dragonborn, Tieflings, Devas, Gnomes, Goliaths, and Shifters can be played, but will have a harder time being trusted than Dwarves, Halflings, and Humans. Your background will not overlap with Dwarves, Halflings, or Humans.
- Choose 1 "General" background for a benefit. More backgrounds for flair if you like, but "General" only. Only one background will give you an attribute benefit.
- Ability scores from "Auto Pick" or "Use and Array". No "Roll Dice" ... sorry, Charlie.
- Choose Skills as you like. Your society though is likely to be one with very little amassed knowledge.
- Choose any legal feats, powers.
- Level your character to 2nd. Update feats, powers, etc as required.
- Reset gold to "level appropriate". You get up to 5 "Adventuring Gear" items for free. But you can never sell them back for gold or trade them. Sorry Chuck. Just grab what would make sense for someone going on a long journey. No mounts, unless you took Mounted feats. And if you took Mounted feats … seriously?
- Add magic items: 1 each of level 2 max, level 1 max. You can use your Level-Appropriate gold to buy additional magical items.
- No Wonderous Items. No Artifacts. No Intelligent items. No Boons.
- Please use a fantasy-themed name for your character.
- Save with YourName_CharacterName_level in the file name and either send me a copy to have on file or bring game day.
- It will make leveling quicker if you have planned out a couple of levels in advance. You can save them as separate files if you wish.
- Make a backup character, one level lower than your main. Magic items are Level+1, Level, Level-1 max, and Level-appropriate gold.
- I reserve the right to drop a very, very big rock on your min-maxed character.